I had a ball of a time at Kuala Lumpur Bird Park recently. I’ve been to many bird parks around the world but I’ve never seen so many birds roaming around freely, as if they were in their natural habitat. Well, call me ignorant but it was only then that I realized that KL Bird Park is the world’s largest free-flight walk-in aviary!

Bird lovers and photography enthusiasts can rejoice at the numerous opportunities to get up close and personal with these birds. Be there at the feeding times and you’ll see birds darting across the skies, swooping down and flocking towards the fishes in unison. It was such a surreal and unforgettable experience. Naturally, I had to whip out my camera to catch all the action.

Capturing peacocks, egrets and milky storks in their full glory.

Over 200 species of birds can be found here. Did you know that 90% are local breeds while the remaining 10% are imported? Here are just some of my favourite breeds captured on camera.

Here’s another reasons to rejoice. From now till 31 Dec, purchase 2 adult tickets and you’ll get 1 child ticket free! Now that the school holidays are just around the corner, perhaps it’s time for all you mummies and daddies to plan a trip with the little one in tow. 😉

If you’re heading there, you have to drop by Restoran Rebung (click here to read more about where to eat in KL for authentic Malaysian cuisine) which is just a stone’s throw away.

Meanwhile, have a great week ahead!

**This post was brought to you in collaboration with Gaya Travel and Ministry of Tourism & Culture Malaysia.**